So did my post Acne Encouragement help you?
If it did, Awesome!!
If it didn’t and you still feel depressed about your acne, I’m sorry and hopefully the tips in this post will help you.
Here it goes and I hope this helps ya!
- Wash you face every morning and night.
- Use a cleanser that doesn’t leave your face feeling tight and like you didn’t take it all off when you did.
- Wash the cleanser off thoroughly with warm water.
- After all of the cleanser is off, rinse your entire face with cold water. (Note: Warm water opens your pores. Rinse your face with it before washing. This lets the cleanser into your pores making it be more effective. Cold water closes the pores. Rinse your face with it after washing and it will help keep dirt out of your pores, thus minimizing acne.)
- Do not use a variety of cleansers and treatments all at once. The combination could irritate your face and make the acne worse.
- If a cleanser seems to be working on the acne but is drying your face out, minimize it’s use to once a day or every other day. If dryness still occurs, use Cocoa Butter lotion on you face daily. It can be put all over your body including your face. (It worked like a miracle on my dry hands and face.)
- If you are using a cleanser that you like and it’s not making the acne any worse but your face is still braking out, consider other options like the following:
- 1.)Food habits: some foods you eat could trigger acne. Caffeine and junk foods are some.
- 2.)Dirty bedding. Wash pillow cases and bedding often. If your bedding is dirty and you lay your face on it every night, that can cause acne.
- Keep your hands off your face. Don’t lay your face in your hands while reading or if you are tired.
- Get plenty of rest. Drink plenty of water each day. It is important to stay hydrated to reduce acne. A hydrated face is a less oily face.
- Relax. Stress and other forms of anxiety WILL cause acne. Stress can be handled through prayer if you ask God to help you with your stressful problems.
- it’s okay to wear makeup-I wear a little myself everyday-but beware how much you wear. Wear it mildly.Tons of makeup isn’t good for your acne. Or if you can’t stand minimizing your makeup, make sure you wash it off as thoroughly as possible, as soon as possible. Or you can do as i do: Wear BB cream to cover the bad acne spots and just put eye makeup on. I only wear BB cream when my acne is bad and then i just put a lot of mascara and a little eye shadow on. I honestly prefer eye makeup to actual face makeup. Remember too, that when you wear tons of makeup everyday, it becomes part of you. It’s almost like a drug. You can’t stop wearing it because you may look “bad” without it. Wear just enough that it enhances your you beauty but doesn’t change your identity.