Chapter 8: Your Enemy Becomes Your Footstool
Bible Reading: Ruth 2:6-9
6 And the servant that was set over the reapers answered and said, It is the Moabitish damsel that came back with Naomi out of the country of Moab:
7 And she said, I pray you, let me glean and gather after the reapers among the sheaves: so she came, and hath continued even from the morning until now, that she tarried a little in the house.
Chosen Notes From Chapter:
- People who support and care about you will seek out the truth. They won’t assume that everything they hear about you is true. If they have inegrity and are committed to living authentically, they will reserve judgment until they have firsthand evidence.
- Quality attracts quality just as iron sharpens iron.
- Don’t let the possibility of your name being tarnished keep you from doing right. If you’re so busy defending yourself from idle rumors and salacious gossip, you won’t have they energy to stay on you journey. If you dedicate all of you concentration to the whispers of others, how will you hear when He comes calling for you?
Questions to Ask Yourself:
- How has your life been affected by gossip?
- How has it deterred you from excelling in a particular area? How has it motivated you to pursue your goals?
- Ruth found the strength to live in face of gossip. How can you withstand your critics and find the strength to tell your own story?
- If people are able to only see you and hear your story from others, what do yu hope the combination says about you?